Welcome to JAMS
Supervised Contact allows quality time for children to build and maintain relationships with family members from whom they are separated.
JAMS can organise visits that suit the needs of the family/whanau involved.
Our main venues for visits are in Hamilton and Paeroa. We can facilitate visits in other towns and transport children if required or when ordered by the court.
JAMS have visit times available 7 days a week except for public holidays.
All conditions and arrangements for visits will be discussed during initial interviews with the parents and carers involved.
JAMS aims to be obtainable to all clients irrespective of income, disability, language, culture or location
10.00 am- 2.00 pm
5.00 pm- 7.00 pm
Saturday Mornings 9.00 am- 1.00 pm
Sunday Afternoons 12.00 pm- 5.00 pm
Supporting Meaningful Relationships for Life
Supervised visits take place in a safe, child focused setting, with trained staff supervising.
Supervised contact is necessary because:
- Parents agree supervised contact is necessary
- There may not have been contact between a parent and a child before or for a long time
- The Family Court may have made an order for Supervised Contact
- Children may be in the care of Chief Executive of the Ministry for Children - Oranga Tamariki
- If supervised contact is ordered by the family court the Government may subsidise sessions per family. See your lawyer for further information
Supervised visits can assist families with moving to visits being supervised by a family member or friend of the family or unsupervised.
The best interests of children will be upheld as first place of right.
Principals of JAMS Supervised Contact Service
- The service is for the benefit of the child/ren
- The safety and the welfare of child/ren is paramount
- The service is neutral and independent from all parties, the dispute or the difficulties
- Staff will be respectful to the cultural background of the child and the family/whanau
Visits take place in a safe, controlled environment, overseen by an organisation who provides supervised contact services.
JAMS can organise visits that suit the needs of the family. Our main venue for visits is in Paeroa. We are also available to facilitate visits out of town, in other areas and transport children if required or when ordered by the court.
The best interests of children will be
upheld as first place of right.
JAMS works within the guidelines set by the New Zealand Association of Supervised Contact.
Our locations are
2 Wood Street, PAEROA
11 Gardiner Place HAMILTON